Speak with a member of our team
Call Us Now
T: +44 (0) 1707 285 590
It can be hard to choose accommodation when you are unfamiliar with the country and city you are living in. It is important to know!
Consider how far it is from your campus and whether it is easily accessible by public transport, such as bus or train. However, don't be too limited in terms of areas - sometimes a property a little further away is the nicest.
HIC offers places in the university of Hertfordshire’s halls of residence for those wishing to live on campus.
All under 18s students will be reserved on campus accommodation.
HIC has 180 en suite rooms on the college lane campus, meaning you are just moments away from all of your classes.
On-Campus Accommodation: College Lane
Situated on the College Lane Campus, we have a selection of on–campus en suite and twin bathroom accommodation which are highly sought after and get reserved quickly. College Lane has fantastic facilities with:
- A brand new gym at The Oval
- An outdoor artificial turf pitch and multi–use games areas
- A two-minute walk from the Learning Resources Centre (LRC)
- The Forum Hertfordshire which hosts events most week nights for students
- The Ele House, offering drinks, food and pub games
- Students’ Union shop, restaurant and café
- Campus medical centre and pharmacy, providing an over the counter service and advice for students
- A free shuttle bus between College Lane and de Havilland cycle hire scheme
- Students who rent from HIC will exclusively have weekly cleaning of the communal areas which is included in the accommodation cost.
Make sure you have reliable house mates who will pay their share of the rent on time.
What is the securities deposit? This is the sum of money you pay at the beginning of the lease to cover any damage to the property. If you do not damage the property, this is refunded.
Make sure you can afford the rent, the utility bills and your living costs such as food and travel.
Be wary about finding rooms and properties through classifieds and websites such as Facebook, Gumtree etc.
Please note: accommodation contracts will be assigned according to course length and projected HIC pathway.
How do I book my room?
To secure your room, please use our Online Accommodation Booking Form. For more information on On-Campus Accommodation, please click here.